(Updated 4/23/20) Updated and new items are marked by NEW
REOPENING CONGREGATIONS NEW Have patience…
- Bishop Jaech’s Recommendations for the Coming Weeks (pdf) (5-18-20) NEW
- Gov. Inslee- Drive in Services Guidance Memo (pdf) NEW
- Congregation Meetings Update Memo from Synod Attorney Hushagen 5/01/2020 NEW
- Washington’s 4 Phased Approach NEW
- Leading beyond the blizzard: Why every organization is a start-up (pdf) NEW
FINANCIAL BENEFITS AND ONLINE PAYMENTS
- Payment Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Application NEW
- Stewardship in Uncertain Times (webinar), by ELCA Pastor Mike Ward and Paul Marsh NEW
- The CARES Act “Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and. Economic Security Act”, Including Payroll Protection Program
- Best Practices to Maximize Opportunities for PPP Loan Forgiveness
- Paycheck Payback Program Updates 4-29-20
- Paycheck Protection Application Q & A with ELCA General Counsel, Thomas Cunniff
- The SBA application– updated 4/03/20
- UCC Attorney Paycheck Protection Program updated 4/2/20
- Portico Benefits FAQs for stimulus bill for individuals and congregations https://porticobenefits.org/Campaign/Resources/CaresActFaqs
- Paycheck Protection Program: Top 7 Takeaways for Ministries– Brotherhood Mutual
Families First Act
Mission Investment Fund of the ELCA
Update from Portico Benefit Services
Need to talk with your personal Regional Representative? Andrea Arey can be reached at 949/338-9573 or email@example.com
Annuity.org is a free web info on financial literacy https://www.annuity.org/financial-literacy/covid-19-financial-guide/
The STRESS AND TRAUMA OF COVID-19
- A lot of people are under a lot of stress right now, and many are being traumatized by the strain of being in life-threatening danger without the ability to escape or combat it.
- Coronavirus: The Psychological Trauma and PTSD Event. How this pandemic will result in trauma responses.https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/trauma-and-hope/202003/coronavirus-the-psychological-trauma-and-ptsd-event
- The Pandemic Toolkit Parents Need: 8 expert tips to help families stay regulated. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pulling-through/202004/the-pandemic-toolkit-parents-need?eml
- NN COVID-19 Stress, Distress & Trauma Series https://www.neurosequential.com/covid-19-resources
- Prayers for Times of Public Health Concern: COVID – 19 /Coronavirus English Spanish
- Use this brief ELCA resource “Worship in the Home” as an aid for prayer in the home: https://blogs.elca.org/worship/
- Augsburg Fortress resources
- Church Leaders urged to prepare for long-term shift of how people worship (Christian Post article)
- How Religious Groups are Gathering without Gathering (NBC news online)
- Worship in Times of Public Health Concerns (pdf)
- Temporary Expanded License for Streaming Worship Services through Augsburg Fortress (March 15-May 31) https://go.augsburgfortress.org/temporary-expanded-licensing-for-streaming-worship-services?redirected=true
1st THIRD OF LIFE MINISTRY RESOURCES /Preschool/Child Care
- ELCA Faith Formation https://www.ministrylinks.online
- Illustrated Ministry–coloring pages and resources https://store.illustratedministry.com/
- ELEA (Evangelical Lutheran Education Association) https://www.eleanational.org/ Online resources
- Cooking and math is fun! Check out the Cook to Learn Curriculum and Recipes for some ideas to bring early math learning into the home. Example: use cheese and tortillas to make quesadillas, then introduce fractions when you cut the quesadilla into half, thirds, or quarters!
- Want to help get fun educational activities into the hands of students? KBTC created packets of PBS Activities to distribute to families via meal sites. Here is a list of activities and instructions, and here is the KBTC logo (please include).
- Wide Open School features a free collection of the best learning experiences and activities for kids, organized by grade band and subject. PacSci Curiosity features new videos. Watch insects, butterflies, and science experiments you can copy at home.
- Kaplan free educational resources and inspirationEarly Childhood Development Action Network: Early Childhood Focused COVID-19
- Resources YMCA 360 On-demand classes now available for adults and children. Free for a limited time.
- Common Sense Media: Resources for Families During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- State of Washington Funeral and Embalming requirements during the COVID-19 emergency HERE.
- ELCA Guidance for Funeral Practices: Ministering to the Bereaved During a Public Health Crisis HERE.
GENERAL COVID-19 RESOURCES AND RESPONSES
ELCA’s Response to COVID-19 https://www.elca.org/publichealth
Region – Be Prepared (5/01/20) NEW
Region 1 Hammer and Dance newsletter– April 29, 2020 NEW
ELCA Pandemic Checklist for congregation preparedness