(This page was updated 4/12/21) Updated and new items are marked by NEW
Healthy Washington- Roadmap to Recovery (Phase updates) (4-12-21) (Pierce and Cowlitz Counties moved back to Phase 2) NEW
Re-Opening Plans of some synod congregations:
- Mountain View Lutheran, Edgewood (10-20)
State Phase Plans:
Inslee’s Updates to Open Public Meetings Act (9/16/20) NEW
Gov. Inslee- Drive in Services Guidance Memo (pdf)
PASTORAL CARE DURING COVID-19
- Dealing with Grief
- Coronavirus: The Psychological Trauma and PTSD Event. How this pandemic will result in trauma responses. https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/trauma-and-hope/202003/coronavirus-the-psychological-trauma-and-ptsd-event
- The Pandemic Toolkit Parents Need: 8 expert tips to help families stay regulated. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pulling-through/202004/the-pandemic-toolkit-parents-need?eml
- COVID-19 Stress, Distress & Trauma Series https://www.neurosequential.com/covid-19-resources
1st THIRD OF LIFE MINISTRY RESOURCES /Preschool/Child Care
Coloring sheets for marking a year of COVID-19 (Illustrated Ministry) NEW
- Lenten/Holy Week and Easter Resources (including youth, youth & family, and middle/high school resources)
- ELCA Faith Formation https://www.ministrylinks.online
- Illustrated Ministry–coloring pages and resources https://store.illustratedministry.com/
- ELEA (Evangelical Lutheran Education Association) https://www.eleanational.org/ Online resources
- Cooking and math is fun! Check out the Cook to Learn Curriculum and Recipes for some ideas to bring early math learning into the home. Example: use cheese and tortillas to make quesadillas, then introduce fractions when you cut the quesadilla into half, thirds, or quarters!
- Want to help get fun educational activities into the hands of students? KBTC created packets of PBS Activities to distribute to families via meal sites. Here is a list of activities and instructions, and here is the KBTC logo (please include).
- Wide Open School features a free collection of the best learning experiences and activities for kids, organized by grade band and subject. PacSci Curiosity features new videos. Watch insects, butterflies, and science experiments you can copy at home.
- Kaplan free educational resources and inspirationEarly Childhood Development Action Network: Early Childhood Focused COVID-19
- Common Sense Media: Resources for Families During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- State of Washington Funeral and Embalming requirements during the COVID-19 emergency HERE.
- ELCA Guidance for Funeral Practices: Ministering to the Bereaved During a Public Health Crisis HERE.
GENERAL COVID-19 RESOURCES AND RESPONSES
ELCA Region 1- Hammer and Dance Newsletter (COVID-19 response and resources with LDR) updated monthly
ELCA’s Response to COVID-19 https://www.elca.org/publichealth
ELCA Pandemic Checklist for congregation preparedness